Just got my Zombieland Blu-Ray. Saw it in the theaters and liked it enough to add to my zombie movie collection, but really, it’s more of a lighthearted family comedy with a zombie-themed intro and outro. Remove some of the gore, edit the film to an hour from 88 minutes, and this could have been an episode of Spielberg’s Amazing Stories in the 80s. Zombieland is a ‘cute’ zombie film. Yes, cute. How can a movie starring Abigail Breslin not be cute??? How can a movie that celebrates and repeatedly references the film Ghostbusters not be cute? How can a movie that has the characters basically trekking across country to go to an amusement park not be cute? How can a movie that has two teenagers falling in love not be cute? And of course, Woody Harrelson is in it, and, well, he’s still cute. So ‘cute’ definitely fits—except for those, you know, zombie flesh eating portions. Now that I think of it, the beginning and end of the film should also have been edited together to create a very good zombie episode of Masters of Horror, because the little zombie action this film does feature is excellent.
Probe My Thoughts
Follow Boys, Bears & ScaresMy Tweets
Boys, Bears & Scares Zones
What’s Your Pleasure?
- Everyday I Read the Book: Literary Thoughts
- In My Write Mind: News About My Writings
- Johnny You ARE Queer – Gay Thoughts
- Living in the 80s – forever
- Movie Times & Television Schedules – Staying Entertained
- Scared Silly – Horror Comedy
- Sound Check – The Songs Stuck in My Head
- The Evil of the Thriller – Everything Horror
- What I'm Doing With My Joystick
Subscribe to Boys, Bears & Scares!